FACULTY CLUB BOARD MEETING MINUTES May 7, 2021

Faculty Club Board Meeting Minutes

May 7, 2021

 

Present: Roxine Lawton, Shawn Steidinger, Mohammed Mirfakhrai, Judith Warner, Gillian Tufts, Ashok Tuteja

Ex-Officio: David Pendell, David Morrison, Jill Moriearty, John Burton

Excused: Jane Laird, Abbas Rashidi, Aaron Phillips, Eleanor Divver, Xan Johnson, Man Hung

 

Mohammed Mirfakhrai presiding, met via Zoom

Item   Action needed
Board Business

 

·         Minutes not discussed

·         Still need to have FC business meeting

o   Discussed June 4th

o   In person

o   Plan to hold at the Marriott

·         Need to have board meeting to confirm the board prior to the business so can announce the board and the board roles

o   Plan to meet to have the same day, June 4th, 4 to 5pm

o   We need to decide and appoint the various roles, ie social director, treasurer, secretary, social media director, president-elect

§  Shawn as social director

§  Man as possible treasurer, she expressed interest in this role

o   Will need to appoint the emerti faculty to the FC board

·         Elections

o   Results

o   Reviewed whose terms were ending

§  Xan, Moh, and Man are completing their terms this year

§  They are all willing to run for election

§  Xan Johnson, Mohammed Mirfakhrai, Man Hung all voted to stay on FC board

·         Mo is interested in appointing Yuan Ji to board

o   She has been on the board before but had to resign

o   She is interested again

o   Did a lot of social media activities when was on the board

o   Discussed how to handle per the bylaws

·         Use of monies from the cabin sale

o   Handled by Sarah Projansky’s offce

o   This is a separate pot of money from FC monies

o   This portion is ~ 1.3 million and is part of the University but the FC can have input on what happens with this money

o   Point of money is to be for faculty well-being, support rather than faculty development

o   Judith is interested in continuing to work on this

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Judith is interested in continuing to work on this

 

Treasurer’s Report ·         $32,815.01 in the bank

·         Roxine willing to continue as treasurer

·         Man expressed willingness to be trained previously

·         Discussed the cabin monies for the faculty club

o   Roxine has been in contact re how this will happen, how to move the monies to the FC

o   $21,000 has been budgeted by the University,

o   This is the interest from the 1/2 million earmarked specifically for the FC from the sale of the cabin

·         Whether the FC will continue to receive the $10,000 is up in the air

o   It was increased to $10,500 this past year

 
Social events

 

·         Summer socials

o   There may be space at the Marriott

o   Decided on June 4th, July 9th, August 6th

o   It is time to meet with the Marriott to decide the meals for the coming year

o   Would like substitute July 10th social for the Cabin BBQ get together

§  That is the weekend of the Wild Flower festival at Brighton

§  Then we can have lunch together with BBQ

·         Food

o   Still wondering about whether have to be a box lunch vs a buffet

o   This was per University policy from COVID

o   There was an issue about food leaving

§  Discussed signing in process again

§  To set at the meeting

 

 

Eleanor, Judith and ?? Shawn to meet with the Marriott re next year’s meals

 

Need to confirm with Eleanor re date of proposed BBQ lunch, Gillian will send email

This has been done, Eleanor confirmed July 10th works

 

Not sure if someone is going to check with the University re the possibility of returning to buffet style meals

New items

 

·         Updated faculty club board contact list Gillian to do for 2021-2022
Future items    
Next FC Board meeting: June 4th, 4 to 5pm, in person

Meeting adjourned: 6:05p

 

Gillian will send out Outlook reminder